Thursday, April 11, 2013

Expecting the Unexpected

 
A steady, but hasty Boom Boom Boom Boom has  become the most welcomed and precious sound imaginable for us.  It's the sound that confirmed that becoming parents isn't just a  hopeful dream to be chased, but a very real living, breathing, pooping reality for us in just 6 months.  Someone, pinch me!!!
 
The journey to this point is of course very personal to us, but I would like to mention my gratitude for a caring Heavenly Father who loves me and knows exactly what I need much better than I do, and a wonderful Dr who is an angel in my eyes.  Oh, and thanks Kelly Clarkeson for the billion times my husband has told me, "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger."
 
 
 
Michael and I tend to be pretty big on financial planning.  We had the billiant idea at the beginning of the year to buy a nice, family-friendly car to get paid off by the time any little squirts arrive.  Three days after we purchased our Buick Enclave, a big plus sign appeared on the magic pregnancy test stick.  We still have full intentions to pay her off by the time Cran Baby arrives. Wish us luck!
 
 
 
 The first appointment was better than Christmas.  During the ultrasound it kept squirming and curling up into a ball.  I think it's a cuddle bug like me :)  Having some fears reassured at this 8-week appt also meant it was time to tell family. It was so liberating to be able to FINALLY spill the beans to those we love, but I really was grateful for the time when it was just mine and Michael's precious little secret. 
 
I promise he was happy this day.  I just have to throw out a cheese-tastic shout-out to a best friend who makes me so happy and proud. I think our kids are gonna high-five me someday for picking out such a studly mate.
 
Then came the pregnancy symptoms.  Constant  reminders that Cran Baby is still there and not wanting to be forgotton.  Hospitals are smelly.  REALLY smelly when you're pregnant.  I admit to smearing the inside of surgical masks with toothpaste/essential oil to tolerate most patient's aroma. 

The arrival of my beautiful niece, Hallie has only amplified my excitement.  She's perfect, and has my brother's nose.  I think she's going to be one heck of a partner in crime for our babe.  There's also two other cousins on Michael's side that are due around the same time as me. Yay for built-in buddies!



 
Sharing the news with our friends has been on a as-we-see-you-we-blurt-out-we're-pregnant kinda basis.  Before meeting up with friends, we would decide who would be the one to divulge, and the other would just sit back and wait to see what they came up with.  For my long-distance best friend I sent her this little gem in honor of a true pregnancy classic.  
 
And the facebook announcement...


Now comes the waiting and growing.  My short person torso is kind of a lousy hiding place.  I tried on a maternity shirt and am convinced all t-shirts should have built in side rouching.      

We're so happy and blessed to have the love and support from some pretty incredible family and friends. I'm now 13 weeks, with a babe the size of a peach. ( Maybe a lemon? these pregnancy apps need to all jump on the same produce bandwagon and get their stories straight.)  Due date is the day after my birthday on October 17th. 
YEAAHHH BABBBYY!!!



2 comments: