Thursday, October 20, 2011

21 and having a lotta fun!

Another birthday come and gone...but not without one heckofa party!  My Michael knows how to treat a lady, especially when it's her birthday. See below:

My nineteenth birthday.  We had been dating one month and I was treated to some Tucano's.  My heart was stolen at this point. (I'm sipping on some heavenly Brazillian lemonday FYI)
 One year later, for my twentieth birthday, I savored some chocolate cake in our suite at the Grand America Hotel complete with a facial.  Yup, still has my heart. 


This year, my 21st, the celebration all began at midnight with some bubbly.  Don't fret, it's the apple cider kind of bubbly that you drink around a campfire with some really great friends.  I still totally felt sophisticated and 21 though.  The morning of my birthday we got up and ready for church.  Teaching primary is the most satisfying thing on your birthday.  "Mercedis, please be quiet/sit down/sing/go to class.  It's my birthday. (Insert puppy dog eyes.)" Worked like a charm all day!!  After church I had a lunch that consisted of sweet potato fries.  But it's ok. It was my birthday.  Then things really got wild when we busted out some Prison Break.  Perfect Sunday afternoon.  Around five o'clock Michael's sneakiness began.  I was given orders to bundle up.  Lots.  Scarves, winter coat, boots.  I was ready for Antarctica.

Ignorance is bliss.  I didn't know what was going on, but bundle me up and tell me we're going for a birthday surprise and I'm a happy lady.
 ...and then came the blindfold
 ...and then the pillowcase?  Michael always goes big, and never goes home. 

Then things got sketchy.  He  essentially drove me around in the mountains for an hour. We jammed out to soft sunday sounds and chatted about the meaning of life, but why he thought an hour of disorienting me was necessary, I do not know.  He knows I can barely find my way home most days.  Anyways, once the car stopped I was COMPLETELY confused as to where we were.  My guess would have been that we ended up in the Himalayas.  Oh how wrong I was.  He carried me for quite some time and then we stopped.  He slowly took of my blindfold and....SURPRISE!!  We had reached our destination at his parents house, which was filled with so many of our beloved family members. It rocked.  My sweet mother in law made some tasty enchiladas that were even Natalie style (No veggies.I know, I'm going to nutritional hell for not liking veggies)


There's something magical about getting the special plate on your birthday.  Makes you feel like the Queen.


Michael decided on a theme for this gathering and it centered aroud my love for my guitar and The Beatles.
I adore this cake...

Is it bad that I forgot to make a wish when I blew out my candles?  What else could a girl need?
 No party is complete with a Pinata!
 That's right, release your chocolatey goodness!!
 The mastermind behind it all.



The celebration didn't end yet!! The next day for lunch my dear friend Holli ordered me so freaky fast Jimmy John's for lunch!  The wrapper says Happy Birthday Natalie.  It was probably the best sandwhich my tastebuds have ever encountered.


Thanks everyone who made my day so special.  I love you all so much!! 
-Nattie Dawn (the 21-year-old)

2 comments:

  1. lovin' all your blogging...but it is sure making me look bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just left a comment on the post after this that was supposed to be left on this post. I read this post this morning and was just coming back to comment but i scrolled down too far. Anywho, now you get two comments out of me. what a treat for you.

    ReplyDelete