Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Shard of Brunette Greased Lightning




A shard:
Saturday morning began like any other.  I woke up that morning feeling like P. Diddy, I ate some Fruit Loops, and I took a trip to the Emergency Room...wait, what?!  Let's rewind to Friday morning when I dropped a glass on our faux tile floor and it shattered into a trilllion and one pieces.  Apparently one of these tiny shards was elusive enough to avoid being swept up so it was  positioned quite conveniently to lodge itself into my heel on Saturday morning. This tiny little piece of glassy torture wedged itself up there real good.  It wasn't budging despite how much I poked at it with my tweezers.  Mom and Husband convinced me to go get it taken care of.  Problem was that none of the clinics or insta-care places were open on a Saturday morning.  Bummer.  So, to the ER I went!  They took real good care of me there and a shot of lidocaine, a couple quick incisions, and twenty minutes later I was released.  Since ER's aren't cheap, Michael teased that it could be one of my Christmas presents.  I think it was a good thing for me to experience being a patient for once.  I now know that lidocaine injections really are as painful as the patient's make them seem.  I also know that smiling faces make all the differnece when being treated...and I learned next time that I should sweep, double sweep, and triple sweep when I decide to break a glass. Amen.

Kind of embarassing when I see how itty bitty the glass was.  But I promise it was stuck up there good, the Doc said so!
 Brunette:
Since I got out of the ER so speedy quick, I was still able to make it to my hair appointment, and that's what really matters. :)  The lovely Hanah Goodrich at Salon Bela put low-lights in my hair. I love it! Whether or not blondes or brunettes have more fun is still to be determined.
 Greased Lightning:
Saturday night was our 3rd Annual Halloween Costume Party with all the amigos.  I sure do love this tradition. Mikey and I decided to be Danny and Sandy from Grease.  We felt like cool cats all night. Oh, and we won the Newly Weds Trivia game that we played.  Tell me 'bout it, stud.



-Nattie Dawn

2 comments:

  1. Oh nat i'm sorry about your foot. What a bummer of a shard. I like how you went for the wild side of sandy... you rebel you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nat I am so happy to find your blog you made me laugh out loud:). I feel all caught up now with your life. Auntie Marla

    ReplyDelete